View Profile Possibly

1 Game Review

I couldn't do it, so congrats on getting it done :D

10 Audio Reviews

Interesting stuff, cool to hear something made with that kind of approach.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks so much, Possibly! Algorithmic composition is really fun.

I like the first minute or so of this most. Like the altered notes and glitching. The middle section sounds a bit at odds with what's gone before, sounds like you were messing with reversing sections and tempo, not a bad thing, but for my taste the first section was strong in its own right and could have been developed further closer to that laid back vibe, it also feels a bit like there was a bit of cut and paste of sections, slightly altered.

I really feel like the first bit was really interesting, some great sounds and unusual textures, - I like the jittering harpsichord too. Saying that, if this was in a game, the middle section would work as further development, and it's not too far off some avant-garde trippy jazz in a cool way.

There's a good sense of sonic space and interest maintained as it goes on too.

TaintedLogic responds:

Thanks for the review, Possibly! I agree about the somewhat cut-and-pasted nature of the structure. I composed the first 73 seconds significantly before the rest, so I guess I lost a bit of the original sense of direction it was supposed to have. Glad you picked up on the trippy jazz vibe, though. Thanks again for stopping by. ^_^

I like it - lots of interesting textures and variety - I like the high almost percussive synth and there's a nice deep pad hinting of hidden depths. I like the introductory almost harp like arpeggios as well. Would suit a Lara Croft diving for treasure - think you nailed it. Great work.

GreyHooves responds:

Thank ya, and thanks for the theme. I always like underwater style music and it's really fun to make ^^

1 Art Review

Really like this, very tasteful :D

SketchyAnt responds: